Monday, March 31, 2008

I found it! (The RIGHT gym)

As I left the other gym, in tears for some reason, I called my friend Heather and after listening to me cry she encouraged me to keep looking for another gym. (She always encourages me) When I went to Curves a membership was part of my salary, at the big gym it was only $10 a month, but not what I needed and the one I walked away from (not going to mention names unless someone asks) was going to be $34 a month if I signed a year contract.

I'd been driving by a gym for months that's just outside of my apartment complex. It recently changed to a women's gym and was only $19 per month. I went in and the girl could tell I'd been crying. She asked me what was wrong and the water works started again (poor girl). I told her what was going on and she spent 1 ½ hours talking with me and was a great inspiration to me. I went back the next Monday to try out a class – Zumba! I'd been wanting to try that and I loved it, but I only made it through 15 minutes and I hurt so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. I was even more out of shape than I realized. I went out to my car, got my wallet and signed up. The people where just as nice as Brenna (the girl from Saturday) has said and I knew that's where I want to get back on the wagon and lose this weight! I may even be able to talk my daughter Kayla into joining with me – I'm working on it.

No comments: