Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sometimes It's OK to be Backwards

I wasn't reading Jack Sh*t's blog when he posted this, although I am a regular reader now. He's got to be one of the funniest people alive. He is also sponsoring/supporting some of his readers to help motivate them on their weight loss journey. One of them, Billie at The Weight It Is reposted this recently and it really struck me and I wanted to share.

Although, I need to start living these things and not just reading them. I used to have motivation but I seem to have lost it. With lap-band surgery coming up in a few months, it is time to get on the BALL!

Reversing It

I will always be fat
And I refuse to believe that
I can lose this weight
I do
I realize that isn’t the way most people think but
“Eating to live instead of living to eat”
That’s just not working out, and I truly believe
Eating what I want will make me happier in the end
It’s just a big fat lie, thinking
Being fit is the most important thing in my life
Now I understand that
Making myself happy with food
Is more important than
Making myself healthy with food
And this much is true:
People are succeeding at losing weight every day
But I know in my heart this will not be the case for me
This could wind up killing me
Doctors tell me
I will shorten my life and steal time away from my family
Right now it doesn’t seem possible that
I can change my ways and be fit for the rest of my life
This is what I believe:
This journey is just too tough for me
I don’t want to even consider the fact that
I can control the causes of my shortcomings and my failings
It’s just a fact of life that
People like me are weak-willed and lazy
And it’s ridiculous to believe that
I will lose weight and be healthy

That’s how I used to think; then I chose to reverse it (read from the bottom up).

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Holy smokes....I read it both up and down and what a cool motivational poem. Thanks. I've been having an unsuccessful battle with Nutella and a sleeve of Ritz Crackers (trying to convince myself that it wasn't that bad becasue they were LOW FAT crackers!!!! hahahah.

Colleen said...

Wow, I think that is SO cleverly written! Thank you for sharing it! I seem to have days where I feel pretty positive that both ways are true depending on my mood.:)