Tuesday, January 18, 2011

45 more days till Orlando! WooHoo!

So I got this amazing opportunity to go to a retreat in Orlando with an amazing group of ladies. I've only met one of them IRL, but hey, I love making new friends! And I can't WAIT till I meet these women!! The weekend is a retreat (for some it sounds like it's going to be a saving grace) for mom's with kids who have RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder). I don't have a child with RAD, but I do have a skill I hope will make them happy. I'm going to do henna for them. I came across Corey's blog talking about it and I was already reading the blogs of a few of these amazing women, but my realm of awe has expanded.

If any of you read this, I really just can't wait to meet you. I think you are all amazing! I admire you and I stand in awe. I've learned so much from you about invisible disabilities, and I've cheered at your triumphs in healing and cried for you when your families, your schools, you friends, your care providers have been a roadblock instead of a step up. You all make me just say Wow! No matter what your circumstances have been - how much you love your families and how you have to work so hard to balance loving your RAD kids with your NT kids and deciding in some cases that disruption is how you need to love them to keep them and everyone else safe. I admire you all. I just can't say it enough. To keep loving while they're near and even when they are far and coming to the realization that sometimes just loving someone isn't enough is hard beyond imagining. I know there are so many facets to all of this and the things I've mentioned here don't cover all the things you have to go through every day in your normal. What I really want to say is that even on the days when you feel like giving up or a failure, I still am blown away by how amazing you ALL are!!!!  That's why I want to come. I want to be able to do something for all of you and be a part of something that makes you happy. You DESERVE it soooooo much!

1 comment:

Mom to Four said...

:-) you made me smile.
Looking forward to meeting you too!