Monday, March 16, 2009

Now I'm a Mimi (grandma) it's time to get it together and get healthy

I let myself balloon up to 282 lbs. Four years ago I got serious (for the millionth time) and lost 55 lbs and had gained it all back and then some since I got married. There's been a lot of stuff going on with David, Lyric, Tiffany, and Kayla and I let it all overwhelm me to the detriment of my health. No more! I'm on a lot of different medications everyday - 9 to be exact - and I think the doctors have finally got them straight (which is a tremendous relief) and without doing anything else I had lost 15 lbs since the middle of December. Starting Feb 19 I started a company sponsered Fitness Camp and then the next day signed up for the "Biggest Loser" that a group of people at work started and I've lost 11 lbs since then. I've been exercising and I also started back with Weight Watcher's Online (which is how I lost the weight before) and I feel I'm finally back on track.

I want to be able to really play with my grandson. I want to be able to run with him, and after him. I don't want him to think, "Oh, I can't ask Mimi that. She won't be able to do it." I can hardly get off the floor once I get down and I have to bend over to see my feet. Besides, I think my husband will like it too.

Here's a before picture from Christmas Eve. The quality is poor but you can still clearly see the rolls under the shirt. I can take these pants off without unbuttoning them now. Yay!

No comments: