Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's hard to know what to say

I didn't think I was going to get any sleep last night, but David stayed with me so every time I woke up and remembered I was able to reach for him and fall back asleep. Considering were married that shouldn't be a comment-able situation, but December 12th will be two years since he went to stay at his Mom's to "give me a short break" from dealing with Lyric's bi-polar disorder and ODD and turned into him becoming caregiver for his mom and her boyfriend. It being 2 years is going to have to be a whole other post. I never, ever thought he would be gone this long.

I'm leaving to go see Tiffany, Army and Tyler in a little while. David is going to go with me. Kayla said she didn't think she could deal with me & Tiffany being emotional at the same time. Thing is though, I know I have to hold it together for Tiffany. When she called this morning she sounded so much better and I will NOT be the one who takes that fragile balance from her.

Well, she just called me and the surgeon came to see them. They are going to be removing the tumor next week and they may get to go home tonight. He said it is in the best possible place to remove it. The fever he had is totally gone and I believe that was God's way of getting this thing found. I can't explain it but I have so much peace about this. I've learned a lot about faith, even in the face of extreme adversity, from reading amazing blogs online. Remembering all the posts where people bared their hearts and souls are really giving me strength right now. Thank you Smiles and Trials, Cornish Adoption Journey, Garden of Eagan, Creating My Own Little Nirvana, Storing Up Treasures, My Special K's and many many more. You don't even know me but you've all touched my life in ways I can't even explain.

One more call since I started this. David and I are leaving in a few minutes to go get them. They have to go back Tuesday for another test and surgery is tentatively going to be done Tuesday of the next week.

No comments: