Thursday, December 9, 2010

Not the news we were hoping for

I just talked with Tiffany (and then had to go run a meeting at work) and good news is they are coming home today. Tyler got his chest tube out today and seems to be in much better spirits today. Tiffany said she and Army got to hold him for the first time since the surgery and he was clinging to them. He's eating too. He didn't seem to interested in eating up till now. The bad news is they will have to be going back. We were hoping that they would say the biopsy of the tumor, which is a neuroblastoma, showed that there was nothing to be worried about, but there were mature and immature (the bad kind) cells. They will be going back to Arnold Palmer next week to get the MIBG scan to check for any more neuroblastoma and will have to come back after Christmas to get the bone marrow biopsy. The doctor also mentioned a monthly urine test.

Here are a couple of pictures from the hospital after the surgery. He was so good. He charmed the nurses within moments just with his beautiful blue eyes. The blue dog Tiffany's stepmom got him. Tiff saw it and loved it. I was glad Dee was able to get it for him.




I still feel so much peace from God and from the prayer that has blanketed Tyler since I first got the call from Tiffany and sent out a text message pretty early on a Saturday morning. I have the best friends ever. The hardest part for me is watching my "baby" hurting. As I'm sure we all know, giving it to God can bring a lot of peace, but we humans are notorious for grabbing it back. I tried to encourage Tiff to do that, but she is feeling so fragile right now. But I have to say, when I was her age I think I would have fallen all the way apart. It tears me up now to know how she's feeling. I love that she can tell me - but I want to FIX it and I can't. I have to hand it over to God too. So, I'm sitting her crying, but not for Tyler - he's in the hands of the ultimate physician and my God has a plan for him - and I know Tiffany is too - but it's hard!

Plus! My marriage, such as it is, is really struggling and I just started an online class (that I already had to beg to take at this later date because I got behind the first time) and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I just need to remember, God has a plan for me too.

No comments: