Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When it rains it pours

So, I've decided that the devil was pretty ticked about that God given peace I've had about all this stuff with Tyler so he tried to shove another wrench in the works yesterday. I was heading to the Christian bookstore and while waiting for a parking space on my left a woman backed into me on the right. A stick in the devil's eye - she had just left the bookstore and while we were talking I found out she is also a Christian and she's going to be praying for Tyler too. God is in CONTROL. All. The. Time!

Tyler is having a bone scan today (pretty soon actually). Please pray there is no findings. It was supposed to start at 7 am, at least the prep part, but Daddy thought that since his boy was going to be having a hard day he deserved to have milk with breakfast. Turns out that was a no-no and they've had to wait until now - 6 hours later. Poor baby. My parents were able to take Tiffany & Tyler over there so she has that support.

I just talked to her. They had to give Tyler a catheter and she had to hold him down. That was really hard for her. In this case, I know how she feels. When she was 2 years old I left her with my first husband while I ran to the store. She decided, for the first time, that day that she was going to run her own bath. Turns out the thermostat was broken on the hot water heater so the temperature wasn't regulated and she burned her foot very badly. Luckily we lived right behind the hospital and got her there quickly, but she had to have hydrotherapy and I had to hold her down while they debrided her burn. I know how heart breaking it is to have to allow someone to terrify & hurt your child to help them. Sucks!

Here is a picture of Tyler on his way home from Arnold Palmer the day after they found the tumor. He doesn't look to unhappy, but I was making faces and saying booga-booga in my silliest voice.

No comments: